Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm not so sure about this French thing.

We went to Germany today! It was so much fun! The day started with French class at 8:#0 in the morning. I was SO tired and we were having to say the words/phrases in front of everyone. It was pretty nerve-wracking, but I feel like I already learned some. Of course, the French that we learned today didn't do us any good except at the market this morning since we spent the afternoon in Aachen, Germany.

There is a market every Saturday on the street that our facility is on. It is from about eight in the morning till one in the afternoon and there are a lot of really cute, cheap souvenirs. I have decided not to shop in the market until the end of the trip because it will be there the whole time we are here. I know that I will love the shopping in Greece :)

Aachen was so wonderful! It is a beautiful city and we had so much fun! We went to Charlemagne's cathedral and it was absolutely breathtaking. It was huge and it had ginormous (I know that's not a word, but it's the only way to describe this!) stained glass windows and everything had flecks of gold in it. They talked about his throne but we weren't actually able to see it, so I'm thinking that maybe they were talking about his bathroom throne? :) Just kidding. After that we walked around. They were having a festival for a cookie that the city is famous for. They really like celebrating over here-- we have already been to two festivals and we have only been here for 3 days! It was an all-around fun day the entire day and I just really enjoyed myself. Our group is really great, and I find myself constantly laughing and giggling... probably partially because I'm delirious from jet-lag and lack of sleep. I can not begin to explain how many times I have laughed until I was crying and my stomach was cramping. Between Sara always closing her eyes in pictures, Andrea falling over into Lauren's lap when the train jerked and Cory doing a lovely Vanna White impression we laughed a lot. Lauren and I got onto the train and laughed for about the first 20 minutes that we were there.

So none of those things are very funny to someone who was not there, but I'm cracking up just writing about it. Oh well :)

Bonne Nuit (Good Night)! Love!

<3 Me

1 comment:

Lea Mayo said...

a festival for cookies? my kind of place! :D